Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 51: Les examens commencent demain./Exams start tomorrow.

Today was a little frustrating. I had my second visit for my visa - I had to go to the immigration/integration office for them to verify/qualify that I was legally in France (not like I haven't already been here for almost 2 months!). My friend and I wer the first students from our program to go. The women told us that one of the forms we had didn't suffice and that we would need a copy of the id card of our director because our director had attested to our housing/lodging, food, money, etc. Then the next girl to have an appointment returned from her appointment and the women had told her to tell us that she had changed her mind and wanted a bill from our host family and a copy of an id card of our host. Then a third person returned, and the woman had added that she also wanted a letter written by our hosts. Suffice it to say, this process has been quite frustrating and much more complicated than I feel necessary.

Classes went well today. We reviewed for exams.

After our appointments were over this morning, we tried to go to Les Halles (the market) but it is closed on Mondays. Who knew!?!? I thought everything was closed on Sundays. Apparently, Les Halles is the exception to that rule. I'm going to try to make it over there tomorrow before class - we'll see how that goes.

Michel leaves tomorrow for Togo at 8am and he will arrive there at 8pm (I don't know if that is Togo time or France time), but anyway, it definitely makes for a long day. He is returning the 23 of May, so he will be gone for 3 weeks.

The weather has been nice thus far...like spring. I hope it will keep up, but I don't know how that will go/if that will happen.

Have to get in a few minutes of studying before bed. Did you know the best time to study to store information in your long term memory is right before bed? Thank you, Tabor Strategies for Learning, for teaching me that.

À demain!

1 comment:

  1. As a psych major, I did know that. Haha actually I didn't, but you would think after three years at F&M and two cognitive classes I would.
    Good luck on exams!

    ReplyDelete