Sunday, March 7, 2010

Day 57: Les flacon (du neige) créent la necessité d'utiliser mon capuchon. /The flakes (of snow) necessitate that I wear my hood.

Snow. Again.

So last night after dinner we were watching the "météo" (phonetically: the may tay oh) aka the weather (notice that root in the word "meteorology") and they predicted snow in the mountains of the south, but just rain or light snow in the rest of the south of France. Ils ont dit un mensonge aka Lies. It snowed today, hard core - probably over 6 inches of snow.

I ventured out into the snow and it started to snow even harder. I plans to go see a movie with Mirel and Alaska (because we didn't end up going yesterday). I met Mirel for a quick bite to eat (I had already eaten lunch with Claudie) and then we headed to the theater, Utopia, near the Palais des Papes to see the film, Une execution ordinaire. It is about a female doctor who has a gift for healing and Stalin finds out about it, takes her into his service, causing much backfire at her workplace and within her family. I really liked the movie. It was really well done and I understood what was going on 90% of the time (there was a point where she ate a letter that Stalin had written - I didn't entirely understand that part). So, I was telling Claudie tonight at dinner that we went to see the movie, and she proceeded to tell me that she had taken an acting course with the actor who plays Stalin in the movie. How cool is that?!?!

Anyway, for dinner, we ate this dish that was chicken and then some other kind meat wrapped inside a layer of thin lard and bacon, then tied up with string. It is the second time we've had it, and it's very good. She told me the name of it (and I said it back to her a couple times) but now the name has escaped me. It's something that has a 'p' in it and an 'ette' sound in it...if that helps you. We also had "artichaut à la barigoule" - small artichokes boiled/cooked with mushrooms and small potatoes. Artichokes taste great, but for the hassle of eating them, it's a little frustrating. Also, I feel a little foolish eating an artichoke in front of Claudie - it is so messy and she is always so "proper" when eating!

The pictures of the cards are a small example of how I "revamped" my room a little while tidying up on Saturday.

The pictures of the snow I am posting is while it was still snowing so picture almost double the amount of snow than in is the pictures. Claudie told me she has never seen it snow in the month of March, let alone snow this much!

Let's hope it warms up.

No comments:

Post a Comment