Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day 60: Je suis propre, mais je vais à Bath quand même!/ I am clean, but I am giong to Bath anyway!


Woke up this morning ... kind of early (8:30am) for my 9:30 Art History class. Before heading out, Claudie said to me "Il y a beaucoup de Mistral" aka the wind is a killer.

In class, we talked about the artist Gaspar David Friedrich. One of his paintings was on the front of my HIS360 book by Gaddis last semester.

After class, I was busy working on applications for summer stuff. Mirel and I took a break and went to Les Halles. I didn't buy anything, but just love walking around and breathing in the fresh smells of fruits, vegetables, meats, and breads.

After les Halles and working on summer apps, I had two more classes in the afternoon - History and Poli. Sci. The professor talked about the show I watched last night about the movie "La Rafle" about the thousands of French Jews deported from Vel'd'Hiv (in the south of France) under the Vichy regime. I felt really special that I had watched it...I was the only one who had seen the show about it last night. Thank you, Claudie, for always pointing me in the right direction as to what shows to watch.

In Poli Sci, I had my "Revue de Presse" aka review of current event news relating to the EU. I did fine and am glad it's done.

After that I had choir. I made it there without a hitch ... If you recall, last week I had to take multiple buses, etc. to get to rehearsal. Rehearsal was fun - choreography is complicated in french - "à la face" means to the side, but to WHICH side?!??!? So I got a ride home, got home, ate dinner. Dinner was some kind of delicious soup. It looked like pea soup, but it tasted like a combo of tomato, garlic, and lentils! In addition to soup, had tart (which as far as I can tell is a mini quiche, but I'm sure there is another difference that I'm not aware of) that had red peppers in it. And finally, épinards aka spinach. It was in some kind of butter combo sauce so it tasted okay, but to be honest, cooked spinach always makes me gag a little. It tasted good, I think for me it's just the texture. Then I went to write down the date of my concert for the chorale...It is the same weekend as my Art History excursion (which I'm pretty sure is required/don't want to miss). So, next week, I will have to talk to the director when I arrive and let him know/see what needs to happen.

I watched the 2nd part of a show Claudie and I watched last week about the 50s in France. It was well done, and I could understand it for the most part. Then I came back to my room (this whole time, Claudie was downstairs at a dance class...she didn't come back up until after 11:15pm). I skype chatted with Annie and booked my flight to go to Bath!!!!!!

Bonne journée/soirée/nuit ... depending on what time zone you're in!

No comments:

Post a Comment