Monday, March 15, 2010

Day 64: Le temps fait mal chaque dimanche./There is bad weather every Sunday.

Coucou! (Hey there!)

Last Sunday, snow. Today, gusts over 30 mph (no, I haven't started using metric just because I'm not in the US anymore).

Woke up insanely early after spending a fun evening over at Alaska's cooking, eating, and chatting last night. Rolled over after hearing the Mistral, got up to close my curtain, and put on some tv on my computer, rolled over to go back to sleep. I ate a lunch of leftovers with Alaska, Alyssa, Mirel, and Sarina (Mirel's friend who is visiting) - pesto/creme fraiche pasta, couscous vegetable mix, and hot cocoa with whipped cream (chantilly!).

Spent most of the day over at Alaska's. Her host mom returned briefly, only to go back to her daughter's because her daughter recently had a bad fall. She walked into the kitchen while I was washing my dishes and said "Hey" - I responded "Bonjour." Then she proceeded to tell us/Alaska that we could put the dishes in the dishwasher.

I left a little while after. Returned home, did laundry - by myself (no help pressing buttons, putting in detergent, etc.)!! I know that may not seem like a big feat, but for me/France, it is at the moment. 50 minutes later, I hung it out on the truc (the gadget/thing/apparatus) for drying clothes on.

Then we ate dinner. La soupe du soleil, fish that she bought fresh from Les Halles, and a vegetable combo. And evidemment (of course), a petite tasse du café (a small cup of coffee) to follow.

We watched the movie, Amadeus. It is apparently an old American movie based around the story of "Mozart's life" and interactions with this other classical musician who was lost in Mozart's shadows. It was well done, but a little simple for my tastes.

À demain.

No comments:

Post a Comment