Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day 61: Pas beaucoup. / Not much.

Today I had Lit. class and my university class. In Lit we watched some clips of people who do "Slam" - a kind of mix between spoken poetry and rap. Before leaving this morning, Claudie told me that she was going to see a show/performance tonight and wouldn't be around for dinner, but that she would leave me something to reheat/eat for dinner.

The projector/computer connection was working today during the university class, making things a lot easier to understand. The other girl I am taking the class with and I pledged to speak french while at the University and on our way to and from. I'm sure it will get easier/I will be able to make better conversation with time.

I returned home around 7pm to find a note from Claudie that dinner was on the stove in the red casserole/pot. It was sauerkraut with meats! Yumm! I set the table for myself, put on the radio, and enjoyed my dinner while listening to classical music!

I had watched a little McGyver (in french, of course!) before dinner, and it was still on afterward. I watched the end of the episode that was on. I then found the movie, Milliardaire malgré lui. It's a movie about a police officer who ends up winning the lottery and had promised as payment to a waitress to either come back the next day or to give her half the winnings of the lottery if he won. He wins, his wife is very upset that he promised to split the money. Eventually they divorce and he ends up with the waitress.

I am working on making plans for spring break. I am trying to pick a country where I haven't yet visited. However, at the same time, I still have a lot of France to see and not a lot of available weekends!

Bisous!

No comments:

Post a Comment