Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day 59: Quelqu'une qui parle l'anglais? / Someone who speaks english?

The title of my blog was what someone said to me (in English) while I was waiting for a friend to get out of a dressing room. I was almost surprised myself! In general, in stores/in public, I am so surrounded by French and so used to speaking french with everyone in public, that I was taken aback by my response in english!??!

Had Lit. class today. We watched film clips about choreographers/dancers that do contemporary style dance - two people remain touching for the entire dance, dancing on walls instead of floors, doing almost mime type stuff. Bizarre/interesting.

Spent the rest of the day working on homework and summer applications. Sometimes this poses nearly impossible as the Institute is not always as quiet an environment as I would like it to be.

Came home, ate dinner - salmon filet and "chinese" noodles (skinny, dark yellow/brown, long noodles) with small nuts, carrots and other veggies mixed in. Watched a highlight about a movie coming out in theaters tomorrow based off actual peoples' stories who experienced the "mass exodus" of Jews out of the "Liberated Zone" of southern France during WWII under the Vichy regime. ... I definitely want to go see it. I love that many French movies are historical fiction (largely based in truth) instead of movies like "Superbad".

À demain.

No comments:

Post a Comment