Friday, January 22, 2010

Day 13: Il faisait beau. / Today's weather was nice.

Friday already? I can't believe it.

Today for my art history class, we went to the Musée du Petit Palais in Avignon. It was great to be able to learn about the art that we will be talking about in class, and to see it first hand.

The weather today was beautiful, as the title of today's blog relates. The past few days have been nice weather *knock on wood* especially compared to the snow that was here when I arrived almost 2 weeks ago!

A friend and I walked around today and did some shopping. We found some vintage clothing shops which were really fun to look in, but I didn't end up buying anything in them. Instead I found a dress in "Déli Shop" for only 6 Euro! My host family is having a soirée tomorrow in the theater and invited me (and some friends) to come. So of course, I needed something to wear. Going shopping was a fun exploration time. I walked down roads that I didn't even realize were close to my house.

Also, there seems to be a lot of candy shops and bakeries around, yet everyone here seems average/healthy weight. I don't know how that works, but for me, whenever I walk by a bakery I want a pain au chocolat. It's very hard to resist!

Tonight for dinner it is just Michel and I. My host mom is off somewhere. My host dad asked me last night if I could cook and I told him not really. Then he asked me if I could cook eggs. I heard the words in french for "cook" so I assumed he was just reaffirming and therefore I again responded "no". My host mom looked at me with a questioning intonation and said "Eggs." (in english). It's funny because I don't think about my comprehension process, but really I just hear "signal" words and respond to those.

À bientôt!

1 comment:

  1. So the gelato you ate is a fake. You need to come to me to eat real gelato. I'll show you where it's at!!!!

    ReplyDelete