Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day 22: Un jardin, le dejeuner, et une promenade. N'oubliez pas le café! / A garden, lunch, and a walk. Don't forget the coffee!

I woke up this morning around 10am. I hung out in bed for a while catching up on facebook and emails, etc. Then I got dressed and ready for the day - had some fruit for breakfast. I went back to my room and did homework. Then I went to go eat the left over pasta from the meal we had made on Friday night (that I had put in the fridge) to find it wasn't there. Claudie was in the kitchen and was like, "what are you looking for? the pasta?" and I was like, "Yes." She apologized because she had eaten it and I used my new favorite/French phrase, "C'est pas grave" several times and told her it was no problem. She offered to make me pasta, but I told her it was not a big deal at all and I'd just go out to eat with my friends (I was meeting up with them anyways for coffee!).

Left the house to go meet up with two friends for coffee and food, but because it's a Sunday in France, nearly everything is closed. We finally found a restaurant/café across the street from a café called "L'Americain" on the Rue de la Republique. Tried my first vin chaud - hot wine mixed with cinnamon, spices and orange slices - very good! Then had some coffee after the meal and the words on the saucer reflected on the mug to show the words that it spelled (if you can't make it out in the picture, it says "grand arabica").

We left the restaurant and headed to see the Pont d'Avignon. On the way, we stopped at one of my friend's houses - there's a view of the gold Mary statue that is in the Palais des Papes square on top of one of the buildings.

From there we explored the garden that is above and behind the Palais des Papes. The Mistral was strong today and therefore made it that much chillier up in the garden overlooking the city. We wrapped up our scarfs and kind of looked like babushkas! It was quite chilly to say the least, but well worth the pictures we got (it was a clear day).

Once we headed down from the garden, we found a café in the Place de l'Horloge where we sat inside to warm up and sip on hot drinks. We stayed there for quite a while before going our separate ways and saying our "À demain"s.
...À demain!

No comments:

Post a Comment