Friday, January 15, 2010

Day 6: L'Institut, le mur, Le Pont d'Avignon / The Institute, the wall, the Pont d'Avignon



Today is Friday. Wow. I've almost been here a full week. My all the things that have happened since I've been here and all the things I've seen.

Today I had only one class - Art History. Next Friday we will be going on a little field trip to a museum near the Palais des Papes. After class - lunch, shopping, homework.

The Center closes early on Fridays (4pm instead of 6pm). After that, a bunch of us went to see the Pont d'Avignon, which I had yet to see. (See pictures the left/above.) As you can tell from the picture of me, it was quite windy. Being near the water combined with the wind called "Le Mistrale" that comes every winter, it was quite chilly indeed. (*If you would like to see more pictures of this outing, you can look on Facebook. And like always, if you don't have Facebook, I can email them to you, let me know.)

After that, we walked back home, etc. At this point it was dark enough that the lights in Le Place de l'Horloge contrasted with the night sky. I took this picture of the "may pole" lights in the middle of the square.














My favorite picture of the day (see right), was taken at the Pont d'Avignon - one of the archways under the bridge. The sunlight was perfect, but then again, pretty much everything in France is beautiful.

Tonight we are checking out the local student hangout: "Red Sky". There is also a discotheque called RedZone, but I don't know if I'll make it there tonight. I want to get up fairly early tomorrow and enjoy the day because there is potential for rain in the afternoon.

À bientot.

No comments:

Post a Comment