Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day 12: Le "abc.com" de France / The abc.com of France

I've been finding it difficult to occupy my time and surround myself with only French things, especially with not always nice weather outside. Today I found the abc.com of France. I am now in the process of watching...from what I can tell...the French version of Ugly Betty. However, I don't think these shows are as popular in France as they are in the US.

Today I only had one class - Literature: L'experience de la traversée. I didn't know how much I would like this class at first, but it is going really well thus far. I am really enjoying it. We are reading the book "L'espece d'espace" ("The specie of space") - it is a really interesting take on everyday spaces.

I have found the cheap brand of Nutella in the super market which comes in these cute glass cups. You see me eating it in the picture. It is just as delicious as "regular" Nutella and almost better because it's cheaper!

Even in France, they are keeping up with the recent senator election in Massachusetts. My host dad, Michel, was talking about it at dinner last night. I find it very interesting that they report on US politics (state politics none the less!) in France. I can't remember the last time I had a conversation about French politics or heard something about French politics on the news.

That is all for now! À bientôt!

No comments:

Post a Comment