Saturday, April 24, 2010

Le 102ieme jour: Le dernier vendredi en Avignon./The last Friday in Avignon.

Art History this morning: had class where some students presented and then we had a little picnic in the garden by the tourist office and then went to a museum on Rue Victor Hugo by Porte de St. Marguerite. It was a former mansion and there were tapestries, porcelain cups/dishes, old furniture, etc. Nothing special, but it was one last "hurrah" with the art history prof, who told me when/if I come back to France I need to let her know and that I need to keep her updated on what I end up doing with my life. She was super excited at the beginning of the semester to find out that I wanted to go into museum work. She's so sweet and super cute.

Came home, watched some tv, then went over to Mirel's, hung out, and watched some tv. Yes, I'm sitting in my/her room watching tv, but we just needed some chill time.

I returned home, had dinner, watched Boulevard du Palais - a french police/crime show kind of like a mix of Law&Order and CSI, though Claudie strongly dislikes "Les Experts" as CSI is called in French.

After that, went over the guy's house who is in the Foreign Legion, from Colorado. Most of the IAU students went over there to "celebrate" the last weekend. He also has friends who are from Argentina, the Ukraine, and Germany.

Now I am home, pumped to go to St Marie de la Mer tomorrow, even if it is predicted to be cloudy weather. I don't care...I'm going horse back riding and then sitting on the beach! :-)

À demain.

No comments:

Post a Comment