Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Le 106ieme jour/T-4: Un bain de boue./A mud bath.

Brief bullets/summary of my day
.Met with a University representative for the Avignon University. She is supposed to be the International Student Relations Coordinator. I've never met her before. I leave in 4 days and have one more class session at the University.
.Sylvie (our director) treated us IAU/University students to lunch outside at a restaurant in Place Louis Pasteur.
.Did some last minute gift/tourist shopping
.Spent the rest of that time studying for Poli Sci. and History exams that I have tomorrow.

~~~

As my days in France wind down, everyday I find myself thinking of new things that I will miss. Here is my list from today:
.the church hymn that the church bells in Place St Didier play at noon and 7pm that no one seems to know the name of
.the classical music that the neighbor across the street plays spontaneously on random days
.being able to speak in "code" aka English...when I go home, I'll have to find people I can speak in "code" with aka French
.inexpensive "bubbly" (carbonated) water
.strong, delicious, dark coffee (even the instant coffee can sometimes be better than brewed coffee in the US)
.walking under the canopy of the fruit, veggie, bread market and smelling the fresh aroma of all the delicious smells that are captured under the overhang

No comments:

Post a Comment