Monday, April 19, 2010

Le 98ieme jour: La princesse et le pois./The princess and the pea.

Happy Monday! I had class bright and early today at 9am, normally I don't have class until 2pm, so this was quite a change. The class was meant to make up for a class meeting that was canceled last week. At like 11am, I felt as though it was already afternoon. There were only 5 students (in a class of I think 9). Two of the students were stuck in a nearby city where they had gone for a day trip yesterday, but due to the strike, had gotten stuck there. Messy business this strike, messy business indeed.

I bought some couscous last week, and I bought the smallest one available. However, according to the box, it will last for 8 servings. I think it will last more for me...probably the rest of my time here. (Wow, that's weird to say.) I do love it so much though, just add a pinch of salt, some pepper and some herb mix, and you're good to go!

Between classes, a friend and I went up on the roof of the Institute to chill and do homework. Well let's just say there was more "chillin'" and less "homework-ing," as you could have probably anticipated. It was beautiful weather today - high of prob 70 with no wind, just beautiful.

Had two more classes the rest of the day (my normal two classes for Mondays). Those were nothing special. The professors hadn't planned to speak about the exam until either Wednesday or next Monday. Our exams for those two classes are next Wednesday! Let me just say, professors have a different stance on exams here despite the fact that they still count for a lot, if not more than they do in the States.

I was having a minor freak out last night/this morning when I couldn't find my cell phone charger as I had only one battery bar left. After much frantic searching (rearranging, unpacking, etc.), I gave up. I was quite tired (as I had my 9am class). I gave one last look as I got into bed for a nap. I looked under my mattress because I usually charge my phone up by my bed. What do you know, it was under my bed, at the head of my bed by my pillow. I kind of felt like the princess and the pea.

-Woody heard a cat while he was out on the terrace and was looking all around.
-Dinner was fish and rice with mushrooms and zucchini. Claudie was upset because the fish had really shrunk in size when she cooked it.
-Watched the movie "La Traductrice" - a Russo-Swiss movie. So some parts of it had French subtitles for the Russian parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment