Saturday, April 24, 2010

Le 103ieme jour / T-7: Saintes-Mairies de la Mer

I always start with the "cons" and end with the "pros." It's better to end on a positive note!

La journée: Saintes Mairies de la Mer

Cons:
-I have bug bites.
-It was cloudy and humid.
-My feet straps weren't appropriately adjusted, thus I "bounced" when we trotted instead of moving with the horse.
-Unable to take a lot of pics.

Pros:
+I went to Sts Mairies de la Mer - where Claudie used to go as a child on vacations!
+Went to the beach and collected cool spiral shells!
+Went horseback riding in the dunes!
+Got a great photo of Mirel!
+Saw flamingos! (Who knew, flamingos in France!!??!!)
+My horse went slowly!
+I didn't fall off!

La soirée: La soirée salsa

Cons:
-My friends left early.
-The photo I tried to take with Claudie and Michel didn't come out too well.
-Sometimes I have two left feet (...Hmmm, I wonder if there's a translation into french for that?)

Pros:
+I got a photo with Claudie & Michel. If nothing more, I can show people a picture of them even if it isn't that good a photo.
+I got mistaken for a French person.
+I got asked to (and accepted) dance!
+I got taught salsa basics!
+Took a "timer photo" with Woody. New profile picture perhaps? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment