Sunday, April 25, 2010

Le 104ieme jour/T-6: J'ai baladé.

Got up this morning, went to the free market and got some cadeaux for people. It's very overwhelming, there are so many things to choose from and pick between. Mirel met me there after I'd been browsing for about a half hour. She also bought a gift or two. We went back to her house and ate lunch outside on the patio under the purple flowers (seen in the picture).

I returned home and je me suis installée (I got comfortable/situated) on the terrace and 'did some homework', though it was more of an effort and less of actual results. Claudie and Michel had gone to Saintes Mairies de la Mer with Woody.

They came back and gave Woody a bath - which he doesn't like. However, it was amusing to see him all skinny with his fur flat from being wet. He then proceeded to come out on the patio and rub off along the wall, pacing back and forth along the wall to dry off. Claudie came and gave me a little gift - they had bought me the salt and herb mix that she uses and has on the table to use at every meal. Apparently it is special to Saintes Mairies de la Mer, or at least the type she gave me is.

For dinner, we ate a little earlier, and by a little earlier, I mean like maybe 5 minutes, but we'd been eating later the last few days, so it seemed extra early. Anyway, we had chicken (poulet rôti), green beans (haricots verts), and french fries (frites américains).

After dinner was the Molieres, named after the famous french playwright, Moliere (in case you didn't know who he was). This awards ceremony is for french theater only - best actor/actress, best up-and-coming actor/actress, best costumes, best director, etc. There were a lot of people that Claudie and Michel knew or used to work with. I still find that so cool that they know people who are on tv in awards shows.

Michel leaves Tuesday morning for Togo, so I will be giving him his gift of a chirping, motion censor cicada. He likes them according to Claudie, so I found one over Spring Break in Cassis.

Bises.

No comments:

Post a Comment