Thursday, April 29, 2010

Le 108ieme jour: Je ne peut pas dire "À demain", demain.

So tomorrow when I leave from seeing people at the Institute, I can't say "À demain" (essentially, "See you tomorrow"), because I won't be having a "tomorrow" in Avignon tomorrow. That's insane. I can't believe it.

"Parce qu'on sait jamais, regarde vers la haut."
"Because one never knows. Look up, think to the future."

I woke up this morning at 8am. I left my huge tall windows open (which by the way are awesome and I'm going to miss) because it was really warm, and especially since my bed is lofted and heat rises. SO anyways, the crazy Avignon guido hooligans were being loud and obnoxious at 8am this morning and plus, I think I "turned into" a light sleeper for the past week since I'm so torn about leaving Avignon and going back to the US.

Claudie said "Bon nuit, le dernier."
So I studied in bed for about a half hour (I reviewed my flashcards for my Literature class) then got up and started packing. I wasn't too sure that I was going to fit everything but I did in the end (I didn't finish packing until this afternoon). I will feel a lot better once that suitcase is approved (if its more than 50 lbs it can be checked but with a fee. If its over 70 lbs I'm not allowed to check it) and checked, and I'm through security.

I showered (my last shower in this shower without a "permanent" shower head) then got dressed for the day. I had really worked up a sweat packing! :-) I went to school a few minutes early to say hello to everyone and do a last minute review. The professor thought my flashcards were cute. The exam took over 2 hours for me (which is our allotted time) and some students took over a half hour extra.

Came home and finished packing.

Theater association/company "reunion" - they talked business then we ate dinner.
Two major highlights they asked me that I'll share:
1. what was surprising to me when I arrived in France? I was like, nothing, I can't really remember. They were like, nothing. And I was like, well I don't really know, it's been a 4 months since I arrived. They all laughed!
2. Then they asked me to explain what the word "merdique" is in english. I explained. If you don't speak French, then look it up on google translate or wordreference.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment